Database migrations are one of the primary sources of planned outages in mission-critical web app deployments for businesses ranging from SaaS to social networking and enterprises. In this webinar, we show how to achieve MySQL administration nirvana with Tungsten:
- Maintain hardware,
- Migrate to new database versions, and
- Upgrade SQL schema, all with zero application downtime.
We introduce basics of large-system maintenance and discuss the maintenance tasks that you need to perform and problems you need to overcome in order to avoid outages. We demonstrate how to use Tungsten to build highly available clusters using copies of standard MySQL databases, then cover procedures to:
- Maintain/replace hardware
- Add capacity without bringing down applications
- Migrate MySQL databases to new versions
- Upgrade application schema.
We conclude with a live demo of a MySQL upgrade with Tungsten. Click here to watch!