Tungsten Enterprise Summer '11 Edition, released in June, provides enhancements to error detection, cluster throughput and replication, including:
- Compatibility with MySQL 5.5
- Higher throughput for row replication on MySQL
- Single-command backup and restore of data sources
- New Tungsten Manager statistics for Tungsten Connectors
- An improved, more comprehensive help
- More robust error detection and failover by better avoiding false positive errors
- Reduced memory footprint.
- Improvements to the rollback of switch and failover operations, ensuring that a cluster state is returned to the best possible stable state.
- Updated communication protocols to improve reconnection speed for DR (disaster recovery) nodes during production switch or failover operations.
- Tungsten Manager is now more responsive and robust due to enhancements of its memory management.
- Default timeouts have been tuned in order to have the Tungsten Connector properly detect broken manager connections.
Tungsten Replicator 2.0.4, a high performance, open source, data replication engine for MySQL, is the foundation for Tungsten Enterprise. Tungsten Replicator is released under a GPL V2 license and the new version 2.0.4 is now available for a free download.