We will discuss the benefits of leveraging Continuent Tungsten clustering with MySQL, and walk you through the steps to implement a Tungsten cluster in Amazon EC2. We'll cover the prerequisites, installing and configuring Tungsten, and best practices that are part of most production installations and proof-of-concepts.
- Configuring MySQL and the OS for proper installation
- Installing a cross-site cluster
- Schema upgrade on the master database server with minimal application downtime (switch operation)
- Automated fail over when a MySQL database server crashes
- Recovery of a failed master to a fully operational slave with a single command (recover operation)
- Switching database operations to a remote site (geo-clustering, cross-site 'switch' operation)
Join us to learn how to quickly configure and provision highly optimized Continuent Tungsten deployments in the cloud or on-premises! Even if you can't make the live virtual course, it is still worth registering for the course as you will receive a notification when the replay will be available, to study on-demand at your convenience.
About Tungsten University
In the Tungsten University, you will learn the important details of clustering that you will need to understand to get started with Continuent Tungsten, how to properly configure and manage the cluster nodes to ensure high availability, how to install the different nodes and provide a better understanding of the internals of the cluster. Training from Tungsten University helps you keep your mission-critical applications and essential services up and running 24x7. Our live virtual courses are online instructor-led trainings that are delivered in real time via Web conferencing and audio, plus interactive enhancements such as live chat, Q&A and simulations.