We discuss the benefits of leveraging Continuent Tungsten clustering with MySQL, and walk you through the steps to implement a Tungsten cluster in Amazon EC2. We cover the prerequisites, installing and configuring Tungsten, and best practices that are part of most production installations and proof-of-concepts.
- Configuring MySQL and the OS for proper installation
- Installing a cross-site cluster
- Schema upgrade on the master database server with minimal application downtime (switch operation)
- Automated fail over when a MySQL database server crashes
- Recovery of a failed master to a fully operational slave with a single command (recover operation)
- Switching database operations to a remote site (geo-clustering, cross-site 'switch' operation)
Learn how to quickly configure and provision highly optimized Continuent Tungsten deployments in the cloud or on-premises.