Tungsten Replicator is a high performance, open source, data replication engine for MySQL and Oracle, released under a GPL V2 license. Tungsten Replicator has all the features you expect from enterprise-class data replication products but with the flexibility of open source. Tungsten Replicator is also one of the core components of Continuent’s state-of-the-art database-as-a-service solution, Continuent Tungsten.
The Continuent Tungsten clusters keep data available to applications 7x24 through hardware failures, maintenance, and software upgrades. It ensures business continuity and performance by keeping up-to-date data closer to the user, and increases application throughput and improves response time by load balancing SQL transactions across replicas, whereas Tungsten Replicator transfers events from one server to another. For a full comparison, see Feature Matrix.
Tungsten Replicator 2.2.1 is a feature and maintenance release that provides additional functionality for auto-recovery, Oracle-to-MySQL and Oracle-to-Oracle replication and performance. The new 2.2.1 release includes the following features and improvements:
- Auto-recovery from faults has been enabled for certain types of Replicator failures
- Up to 8 times faster performance for applying data with VARCHAR fields
- Parallel Extraction has been added for Oracle masters, enabling easy provisioning Oracle-to-MySQL and Oracle-to-Oracle deployments
- Oracle extraction and performance have been improved
- Better support for Oracle RAC installations.
Note that we offer Continuent Tungsten licenses and 24/7 support, ranging from annual to multi-year subscriptions, to help users operate replication in business-critical production environments.