VMware Continuent enables enterprises running business-critical database applications to achieve commercial-grade high availability (HA), globally redundant disaster recovery (DR) and performance scaling. The new suite makes it even simpler to create MySQL database clusters in the cloud or in a private data center, to keep the data available even when systems fail.
In addition, VMware Continuent provides data replication from relational databases to high-performance NoSQL and data analytics engines to derive insight from big data for better business decisions.
The suite is available in four different flavors:
- VMware Continuent for Clustering –Provides full MySQL clustering, including load balancing, failover, and multi-master, multi-site deployments.
- VMware Continuent for Disaster Recovery – Enables MySQL replication to another server or site to handle disaster recovery scenarios.
- VMware Continuent for Replication – Provides core replication between MySQL, MariaDB and Percona servers and replication to and from Oracle.
- VMware Continuent for Analytics and Big Data – Provides replication from MySQL to various Hadoop distributions (including Pivotal HD, MapR, HortonWorks, and Cloudera), HP Vertica, and Amazon Redshift.
- Cost-efficient business continuity, HA and DR for business-critical MySQL applications with continuous operation requirements in both on-premises and cloud environments.
- Geographically distributed Multi-site, Multi-Master deployments servicing globally distributed users.
- Real-time transactional data loading to data warehouses.
- Replication from Oracle to MySQL and MySQL to Oracle for easier web deployments.
- Zero-Downtime Maintenance– Perform database maintenance, such as schema changes, upgrades to a new version of MySQL or adding new hardware, without application or service interruptions.
- High Availability – Replace a failed master DBMS server within seconds while maintaining continuous availability and without losing any transactions.
- Improved Performance – Increase replication performance over native MySQL and increase transaction volumes using intelligent parallel methods.
- Geo-Clustering – Implement multi-master, cross-site database clusters that span sites and are ready for immediate failover.
- Disaster Recovery – Switch to a hot-standby disaster recovery site running a VMware Continuent cluster with a single command without losing application connectivity.
- Affordable Oracle Replication – Replicate data from Oracle to MySQL, from MySQL to Oracle, and from Oracle to Oracle. Think “Oracle GoldenGate without the price tag!”
- Real-Time Integration Between RDBMS and Analytics – Replicate quickly and efficiently to high-performance NoSQL and data analytics engines to derive insight from big data for better business decisions.
- Supports off-the-shelf MySQL, MariaDB and Percona Server –No software upgrade, data migration, application or DDL changes are required.